Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congratulations Brett Kavanaugh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭emo72

Fair play mate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

He faced the scrum on his own and he won . Happy for him too but he will need to watch his back from now on .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,340 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Absolutely delighted for the man and his family.
    Awful what he wet through in the face of unsubstantiated allegations of a disgusting offence.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kavanaugh-confirmed-to-supreme-court-after-bitter-fight-securing-rightward-shift

I think the fanatics on the left have probably gone too far i the last few years and ordinary people are getting tired of it.

Wouldn’t put anything past him especially if he aligns himself with Don the Con

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Happy for him but what a poisoned chalice.

No job is worth threats to yourself and your family and you reputation in tatters. He must be sorry if ever accepted the nomination but if he said no after those baseless accusations were made it would look like he was guilty.

Everyone else who was approached for the job or who Trump may have turned too if they broke Kavaunagh must be heaving a sigh of relief it wasnt them who were accused. Trump will find it hard now to get any men nominated for anything.

Goodbye metoo, you pest on society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

It would have been a travesty if the accusation had prevented his appointment. Not that he seems that impressive or capable a guy, and his presentation at the senate hearing was very poor, so looking bad for for the US is that is the brightest and best that their legal system can produce.

But glad he got it all the same - the pandoras box of accused=> guilty, or accused=>forever tainted with probable guilt, would have been a terrible precedent to set.

He is probably having a few beers. Sorry, skis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Damaged goods, like the woman he probably raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

The tone of this thread can't possibly be representative of AH consensus. Is this really happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Much as I dislike Trump and the Republicans, this is a big win for them.. Ford came forward and wasnt able to corroborate her story, democrats should not have entertained this and told her to go to the cops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

It would have been a travesty if the accusation had prevented his appointment. Not that he seems that impressive or capable a guy, and his presentation at the senate hearing was very poor, so looking bad for for the US is that is the brightest and best that their legal system can produce.

But glad he got it all the same - the pandoras box of accused=> guilty, or accused=>forever tainted with probable guilt, would have been a terrible precedent to set.

He is probably having a few beers. Sorry, skis.

This is the point I was trying to get across, thanks.
    An awful precedent could have been set that slinging allegations at a man would be sufficient to bring anyone down, today, tomorrow, whenever, once it didn't suit the left narrative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Did he finally get rid of The Man with No Name?

• Advertisement

Much as I dislike Trump and the Republicans, this is a big win for them.. Ford came forward and wasnt able to corroborate her story, democrats should not have entertained this and told her to go to the cops

A he said/she said was never going to have a neat conclusion esp when the FBI were given a brief so tight as to be useless. but he revealed enough about himself to be thoroughly untrustworthy I think.

The tone of this thread can't possibly be representative of AH consensus. Is this really happening?

I suspect there is a Alt-right cabal which makes sure to get on threads like this quickly and try and set the agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Kavanaugh.
    And what's this shíte all about?
    Could never celebrate such a bastardised butchery of an Irish classic. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The court of Twitter, Facebook and political opportunists is thankfully in recess one hopes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

The fanatics on the left definitely have gone too far, "me too" is exploited (doesnt mean there arent those who werent harassed/assaulted though) but I don't get this "delighted", "congratulations" stuff - you don't know him, he is in the United States. And I truly hope it's not true but I think that woman seems credible (I know though, innocent until proven guilty).

The glee from this and the outcome of the Belfast trial makes me uncomfortable. Will women always be assumed lying now?

The far left and militant feminists etc are extremists and I don't think extremism from the other side is the answer.

If it had been just Ford things might have gone against BK, she was a Professor, fall on your knees plebs.

If the Democrats had found someone obese with tattoos to remember an attack at this fortitous time this would have stopped before it began.

The other two loolahs who tried to muscle in for their moment of fame put the kybosh on the circus.

Trump has actually emerged from this looking completely sane and statesmanlike.

Kavanaugh probably doesnt even want the job now and probably wont hang around too long,he must be so traumatised.

If he has a breakdown due to all the stress then and resigns quickly Trump will have to find a woman to replace him. Trump isnt going toput another man through this again and no wife is going to let it happen to her husband either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

It is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

A he said/she said was never going to have a neat conclusion esp when the FBI were given a brief so tight as to be useless. but he revealed enough about himself to be thoroughly untrustworthy I think.

He certainly came across as arrogant in the hearing, but America is not like other liberal democracies, a smidgen of something like this would take down similar persons in other countries but they have a different standard, so it seems.

The fanatics on the left definitely have gone too far, "me too" is exploited (doesnt mean there arent those who werent harassed/assaulted though) but I don't get this "delighted" stuff - you don't know him, he is in the United States. And I truly hope it's not true but I think that woman seems credible (I know though, innocent until proven guilty).

The glee from this and the outcome of the Belfast trial makes me uncomfortable. Will women always be assumed lying now?

The far left and militant feminists etc are extremists and I don't think extremism from the other side is the answer.

Yes, this has damaged the case for all women going forward accusing men of sexual assault, that is the real tragedy of this farce and the democrats couldnt care less about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Women and everyone else need to accept that due process is the only way. There really is no fair and justifiable alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Politics forum: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1728

Can we stop making American politics threads here please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement