Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish kids comic 1980's.

• 06-10-2018 10:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else remember an Irish comic aimed at children that was launched circa 83/84? I never actually saw it for sale but I remember seeing it advertised and reading an article about it. It had some kind of Celtic theme to it and the cover on the copy I saw advertised had a sort of monster character who looked a bit like the honey monster. I'm certain it wasn't Sproai or Siamsia or those school magazines. I have a feeling it had a short shelf life.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Found it! The Big Boys Annual published by Playprint Ltd Dublin. It seems it might have been a one off or yearly annual rather than a weekly comic. Does anyone else remember it?

463561.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I don't remember this at all but I love the cover. I definitely would have wanted it had I seen it in the shops.

Can't recall any other Irish comics.

Advertisement