Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isolator Switch Location for Double Oven

Options
  • 06-10-2018 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Howdy.. I'm renovating my kitchen at the moment and the oven is moving to the opposite side of the room.

I have new wiring routed and was planning on recessing an isolator switch for the double oven on the wall between the oven and door.

However I realised that I don't have enough room now when the door architrave is back on. And don't want to cut the architrave as it would look awful.

Is it ok to have the isolator switch on the side of the cabinet and then connect the wiring to the oven?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

As far as I am aware, the only requirement is that the isolator switch is accessible.

In our case, the double-oven and a built in microwave are in the middle of a run of cabinets on one side of the kitchen and we have the isolator on the wall adjacent to them about 3 cabinets away from the ovens.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

EdgeCase wrote: »
    As far as I am aware, the only requirement is that the isolator switch is accessible.

Yes. Also must be local to the oven and install in a suitable location (so not over the hob where steam from a saucepan is likely to cause issues)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

2011 wrote:
    Yes. Also must be local to the oven and install in a suitable location (so not over the hob where steam from a saucepan is likely to cause issues)

Thanks. My concern is that I will have the double oven in the end cabinet closest to the door and I will have the switch on the side of this panel and quite close to the oven.

There will be clearance of course but unsure what the guidelines are for such a switch and it's location.

Advertisement