Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiring a boat

Options
  • 06-10-2018 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Just wondering can anyone help. Is there anywhere in ireland where you can hire a boat to do some sea fishing without needing a boat licence. Or without needing a skipper. Would to head out for a day on a boat do some fishing small boat would do fine. I know you can hire boats on the Shannon but wondering about the sea. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Yep down in courtmacksherry theres a guy. Seen it on TAF show lastnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Mark Gannon

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Probably not a good idea to be heading out to sea on a boat unless you have some sort of training or have very good local knowledge of the area you intend fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

I believe the Bella Vista Hotel in Cobh has packages where you can hire self-drive boats, but I have no idea of the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

They used to hire out small boats at bullock harbour in Dalkey I'm not sure if they still do over 20 years since I've been out on one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

bpmurray wrote: »
    I believe the Bella Vista Hotel in Cobh has packages where you can hire self-drive boats, but I have no idea of the details.

Bellavista is a great spot for a break. Nice boats, I believe you have to be a hotel guest to book a boat. Location is ideal as you have shelter inside the harbour if the weather is poor or you don't feel confident taking a boat offshore, but plenty of great marks outside the harbour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

courtmacksherry 250 for the boat and fuel for the day but you have to bring your own rods and bait

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Wicklow boat hire, in wicklow town.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Should this guy not a learn a little first, I came across a family not far from the lake shore but the adult in charge was trying to restart with the choke out and throttle at full setting.
    Sorry if he is experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Thompst1111

cd07 wrote: »
    Yep down in courtmacksherry theres a guy. Seen it on TAF show lastnight!

I assume you know this is me and are taking the piss otherwise if your don't this is funny.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies have been in contact with with Mark Gannon down in courtmachsherry. 115 for a day including fuel and they hire out fishing gear too. Will look into Wicklow boat hire. And I do have experience on boats have hired them in other countries many times didn't know of we could do it here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I assume you know this is me and are taking the piss otherwise if your don't this is funny.

Am I missing something here?

He's a friend of mine I told him about it he was slagging me

Advertisement