Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement SIM tray

Options
  • 06-10-2018 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi, I just bought a vodafone smart N9 and the SIM tray cracked when inserting the SIM card. Does anyone know where I would get a replacement? It's a dual SIM tray holder I'm after. The only place I've seen them online is an Indian website called maxbhi.com and I've never bought from there before. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Ask in vodafone shop is my suggestion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They might pull one out of the dummy sample

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kenlen

They told me in the shop they'd have to return the phone for repair and the warranty was m ow void because the Sim tray was damaged so I'd have to pay. I can't see why they won't just post me out a replacement SIM tray.

Kenlen wrote: »
    They told me in the shop they'd have to return the phone for repair and the warranty was m ow void because the Sim tray was damaged so I'd have to pay. I can't see why they won't just post me out a replacement SIM tray.

Poor customer service policies. Just order it from that site you mentioned, you don't have a choice really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

Try eBay

• Advertisement

^^^ you'd think so wouldn't you but nothing on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AllForIt wrote: »
    ^^^ you'd think so wouldn't you but nothing on ebay

Not really.

Its a dirt cheap phone on a weak MT chip, people who buy these are unlikely to repair them as replacement is usually better. Stocking parts for them would be a poor business decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Do you think the SIM tray broke as it was too flimsy?
    Or do you think you exerted too much force yourself causing it to break?

If the former then you could argue that it's not fit for purpose. Ask for a manager and say you're not happy. State it's not fit for purpose, or that it's a manufacturing flaw.

Say that it's a new phone and it's ridiculous to ask you to send it off for repair. Say you can't do without a phone and you'd need a temporary replacement whilst a repair is done.

In other words make it difficult and make them feel uncomfortable!

Try that on a busy day when your sure to scare off potential customers. The manager won't like a "show" in a busy shop and might hopefully offer a replacement just to "shut you up" and save face ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kenlen

Thanks for your opinions and advice. The quality of the Sim tray is very poor, I was having difficulty slotting in the SIM when it snapped but I wouldn't say I was too forceful with it. I've brought it back to the shop and stated my case but was told it would have to be sent back for repair at my expense as the warranty was now void. The assistant then put me on the phone to Vodafone Customer care at my request but his advice was to bring it to a repair shop to see could anything be done with it.
    I've only just settled a dispute with Vodafone over issues I was having with my previous phone so I had hoped they would acknowledge this and offer to settle this quickly and without difficulty.
    I've since messaged Vodafone PMs through this site and threatened to move all my business from Vodafone to one of their competitors unless they post me out a replacement Sim tray. This seems to me to be the most logical and quickest solution.
    I'll keep you posted as to how it pans out.

Advertisement