Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 6/10/18

Options
  • 05-10-2018 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is Laurens underrated? Bidding for her 5th group 1 win tomorrow coming off a win over Alpha Centauri which was no fluke and sits at 3/1 2nd fave behind Fabres horse Wind chimes.

I respect the French horse but I think this is Laurens to lose. I love the horse. Tough, game and top class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Full agree regarding her price.
    She has done everything asked of her, beating top class opposition also. Price must be because she is not from one of the 'big yards'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Must be mad, but having watched Winx's two recent performances where it beat trees, I can't help but taking it on tomorrow. If there's one horse with the potential to take Winx on, then I think Grunt is it. Three from three wins over the course, it has bombed at Caulfield three other times, so I am thinking that a return to more favoured turf may just give it a chance.

Best price 14/1 thanks to Betfair, have backed it ew. Think if the jockey learns his lesson from the last run, this will be dropped in early doors before being unleashed late in the game to win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Long 4:40 - Mille Et Mille isn't getting any younger, but as a proven stayer in a field with a lot of unexposed horses at the trip, I am backing this former Prix du Cadran winner to repeat the success it had 3 years ago. It ran a narrow second to Vazirabad in the same race last year (staged at Chantilly instead of Longchamp). If it can run anywhere close to that form, then it's almost certainly overpriced tomorrow at 10/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭deeks

Is it just me or is Laurens underrated? Bidding for her 5th group 1 win tomorrow coming off a win over Alpha Centauri which was no fluke and sits at 3/1 2nd fave behind Fabres horse Wind chimes.

I respect the French horse but I think this is Laurens to lose. I love the horse. Tough, game and top class.

I agree that Laurens is underrated and am surprised shes not favourite today but I don't know how you can sat her win over Alpha Centauri was no fluke. She clearly didn't run her race and was retired injured straight after!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

3/1 is a very tasty price if you believe the filly is the best in the race, but her win over Alpha Centauri was a fortunate win over a wonky Alpha Centauri and it should be seen in the context of the other horses that she beat in that race. Back in 3rd that day beaten just 2L was 20/1 Clemmie for O'Brien with a few more O'Brien fillies close up. With the sudden turnaround in O'Brien runners form any of the O'Brien fillies could bloom today and the supplemented Coolmore French filly already has superior form to the whole field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Knight to behold over at Longchamp 10/3 looks value in the group 2, his form beating Kew Gardens earlier this season reads well and in good form with recent win given what he beat there including many of the top French horses. Think this is his ideal trip. I’ll be having a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

Just skimming today's races.

There is a Grade 2 chase at Gowran at 3:40pm, €26,550 to the winner.

Plenty of well-known names out, many on their first run of the season, Balko des Flo, A Toi Phil, Jury Duty etc

The Road to Cheltenham starts here, lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

tinpib wrote: »
    Just skimming today's races.

There is a Grade 2 chase at Gowran at 3:40pm, €26,550 to the winner.

Plenty of well-known names out, many on their first run of the season, Balko des Flo, A Toi Phil, Jury Duty etc

The Road to Cheltenham starts here, lads!

Tempted to back jury duty with fitness on his side even over a trip a bit short of his ideal but I've a suspicion the Troytowns on the radar for him, anyone shed any light?

Tempted to back jury duty with fitness on his side even over a trip a bit short of his ideal but I've a suspicion the Troytowns on the radar for him, anyone shed any light?

I’d take on Balko today, probably A Toi Phil to repeat last years win given the money has come for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

2:10 Snow snow in red car price well gone but will take a nice win bet on him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Easy as you like, A lovely filly. 3/1 a gift

Easy as you like, A lovely filly. 3/1 a gift

She was fortunate to hold off happily on the line think another couple yards happily was ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

BumperD wrote: »
    She was fortunate to hold off happily on the line think another couple yards happily was ahead

I wouldn't be so sure, She stays further than a mile but we'll never know now.

Advertisement