Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charter Question

Options
  • 05-10-2018 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

Fantastic idea for a forum! :)

However, I just have a quick question in relation to...

4 Crime, court proceedings completed x ✓

Why can Irish cases not be discussed if the court case has been done and dusted? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Hey this was the advice we received for this one. We want to avoid any speculation or issues arising from any such cases (I’m not sure of the legalese behind it).

I’d love nothing more to get stuck in with a Graham Dwyer thread for example but this is that way we’ve to do it in the forum. Hopefully we’ll bave lots of foreign cases to chat about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

pc7 wrote: »
    Hey this was the advice we received for this one. We want to avoid any speculation or issues arising from any such cases (I’m not sure of the legalese behind it).

I’d love nothing more to get stuck in with a Graham Dwyer thread for example but this is that way we’ve to do it in the forum. Hopefully we’ll bave lots of foreign cases to chat about.

Thanks for the response... not sure what the legal problem would be with it but fair enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I don't want to cause issues, but why can't we discuss Graham Dwyer? Can we discuss evidence from the case?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The Boards admins have decided that no Irish cases are allowed for the time being. The plan is to see how the forum shapes up. Irish cases that have been though the courts may be allowed in the future.

The problem with the Graham Dwyer case is that it is still before the courts as there is an appeal so that case would be a no no anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pity about not being able to discuss Irish cases. It's not like someone is going to post evidence which could be used in court. The Sophie Tuscon Du Plantier murder mystery is one of my favourite cases.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pity about not being able to discuss Irish cases. It's not like someone is going to post evidence which could be used in court. The Sophie Tuscon Du Plantier murder mystery is one of my favourite cases.

That's just how it is at the moment unfortunately.
    Once the forum starts evolving and maturing we will review this with the powers that be to see if there can be any changes to this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Its a bit ridiculous especially for the crimes that have been done and dusted.as someone put it.there are numerous articles and two books about graham o Dwyer for example.what makes boards Any different from that media?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Its a bit ridiculous especially for the crimes that have been done and dusted.as someone put it.there are numerous articles and two books about graham o Dwyer for example.what makes boards Any different from that media?

As noted, we will be reviewing that as the forum matures.

Advertisement