Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend eats raw meat every day! What to do?

Options
  • 05-10-2018 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Long time lurker first time poster!

So.. basically my girlfriend has been eating raw meat for the last six or seven months. This includes raw chicken, raw lamb's liver, raw beef steaks, kidneys, raw cow brain, and as of today, raw streaky bacon. At the very least, uncooked meat forms the principle source of her nutrition every second day.

She claims this has improved her health and sense of well being enormously, but of course I have concerns. We generally eat at different times, I have a fairly intensive job and travel a lot so I rarely have to witness her 'meals', but despite my anxiety, it's true that she seems full of energy, mental clarity, and her skin is glowing etc.

I don't eat any kind of meat myself, not even fish, but was always told that raw chicken would kill you (parasites, bacteria, salmonella etc.).

She constantly eats raw eggs too.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Mine too...if ya get my drift

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Be glad she's not a vegan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

My wife likes to eat raw meat too, on the other hand, I like her fish taco.
    We both win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

Ibtl

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Get a new girlfriend, the current one won't live for long.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Wait til sunrise and expose her to sunshine, have a wooden stake just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Get a new girlfriend, the current one won't live for long.

I doubt the OP will either. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Be sure that the life insurance policy is up to date, then wait for nature to do what it does best & then party like it's 1999.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I cant believe she is eating raw chicken and has not been sick?  I'd hate to have to use the toilet after her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Way more efficient. Think of the time she saves every day to do more interesting things than cook!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

She is taking the Carnivore Diet too literally.

I do like a steak tartare or ceviche but not that often.

She'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭dclifford

Does she eat raw sausage?

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

SoyBoy69 wrote: »
    Hi,

Long time lurker first time poster!

So.. basically my girlfriend has been eating raw meat for the last six or seven months. This includes raw chicken, raw lamb's liver, raw beef steaks, kidneys, raw cow brain, and as of today, raw streaky bacon. At the very least, uncooked meat forms the principle source of her nutrition every second day.

She claims this has improved her health and sense of well being enormously, but of course I have concerns. We generally eat at different times, I have a fairly intensive job and travel a lot so I rarely have to witness her 'meals', but despite my anxiety, it's true that she seems full of energy, mental clarity, and her skin is glowing etc.

I don't eat any kind of meat myself, not even fish, but was always told that raw chicken would kill you (parasites, bacteria, salmonella etc.).

She constantly eats raw eggs too.

Any advice?

Is she a zombie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SoyBoy69

dclifford wrote: »
    Does she eat raw sausage?

Yep. She is big into sausages these days. For some reason she occasionally 'cooks' these in the oven for at most five minutes on medium/low heat (they look exactly the same as if they were uncooked when she takes them out).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SoyBoy69

Floppybits wrote: »
    I cant believe she is eating raw chicken and has not been sick?  I'd hate to have to use the toilet after her.

Chicken is the one that gets me. Chicken and offal.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

Tell her about salmonella, 1 in 6 americans gets sick every year. It's not normal.

She must have a cast iron stomach, imagine a chef doling out undercooked chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

SoyBoy69 wrote: »
    Chicken is the one that gets me. Chicken and offal.

It is within living memory that eating raw liver was the best/only treatment for some forms of anaemia. Once had to cater for someone on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The warnings about ensuring food is fully cooked is because you can get really sick. Not necessarily that you will every time.

But she will get extremely sick at some point if she continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

:Brag

I've been to Japan and have been served chicken medallions (very thinly sliced) and the outside was white but the inside was completely pink*. This was not a one off, and my son often ate it over there (but he eats all sorts of weird stuff anyway). Tasted fine and I never got sick, or even tummy upset. However, I would never eat completely raw chicken. I think with any meat, the germs are hanging round on the outside, so if that gets a blast of heat - pouff go the germs. (In case you haven't guessed it, I'm no food hygienist).

Don't take this as any sort of recommendation.

edit to clarify: * I think they take a chicken breast and either boil or fry it quickly , then slice it and serve it - so you can see the pink part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

Are you just bragging, in a very roundabout way, that your girlfriend is Mikhaila Peterson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

She must be riddled with worms OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Sounds like a Miss-Steak to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sleep with one eye open .

Actually sleep with both eyes open

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

She must be barking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Too much soy in the diet these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,500 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Your girlfriend is being very stupid.

You need to try talk sense in to her before she gets very sick.

Seriously she won't last long doing what you are describing.

Think you should seek professional advice OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

So your name is "Soyboy" and your carnivorous girlfriend eats large quantities of raw meat? Really!!!!!

I smell a big rat there Soyboy! Another stealth vegan thread by any chance lol?

Be careful - she might eat it and you if she gets really hungery lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement