Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which door lock

Options
  • 05-10-2018 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Wonder which cylinder lock is regarded as the best out there at the moment? Been thinking about changing the locks and upgrading them. Like the idea of keyed alike, makes sense 1 key for all locks. Been looking and different brands, Ultion, ABS Avorcet etc. kitemarked and 3 start rated seems to be the higher standard. What's peoples opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭bemak

Been looking at doing something similar. The Ultion looks impressive and at circa 145e each they're not too bad if they make the difference. what way are you leaning?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Bull76

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy and this fell of the list of stuff that needed doing. Ultion and a local locksmith who builds independent locks were who/what I was looking at. Will do this first thing in January and close it out.
    Just want to make it more awkward for the burglars if they come calling. Have them all keyed alike sounds like a good idea, cuts down on keys.

Happy Christmas

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Recently had a similar post I went with ABS last month.

Happy enough. I would have stayed with Garrison break secure (although not 3 star they seemed better quality than some three star units.)

I wanted half barrel units for my French doors as I don't want to open them from the outside so I blanked it off completely

Happy with the abs units. Very good action and key.

Advertisement