Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douvan 2018/19

Options
  • 05-10-2018 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

So, was on twitter last night and came across a lad who claims to be an "insider"..i know i know......but this lad has a tonne of followers and seems reputable. Will have a check back later for the original tweet and post a link.

Anyhoo........said "insider" claiming Douvan will run in the KG at Christmas and all going well, the plan is the GC this year. I would love this to be true, if for nothing else than the sheer drama of it.

Would Douvan be a possible GC horse???
    Same lad also said Bellshill will aim at GC, and as much as i like that horse and his runs in the Irish national and the irish GC impressed me, I cant see it over turning MB's considerable advantage in the RSA 2017

On a final note he also said the machine will target the stayers, which surprised no one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Would have like to see the machine over a fence but if he repeats his last performance he will have a big chance in the stayers.

On Douvan I would prefer if he had an injury free season and have the rematch with Altior

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

I'd say Altior v Footpad is gonna be THE battle of the cotswolds this year

Unless Douvan hacks up in the KG and goes into the GC V Might Bite on good to soft ground
    That would be EPIC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Faugheen is one if not my favourite NH horse of all time but a part of me just thinks the Punchestown win was his swansong and won’t do what he did there again over 3miles. He might mop up smaller races but not the stayers at the festival. Hope he can win it though.

Advertisement