Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing/breeding and a Hard Brexit.

Options
  • 04-10-2018 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I have nothing but utter contempt for HRI and they refuse to answer or indeed calm the people involved in racing in the Republic about Brexit.I asked a good friend of mine an MEP to ask about this problem and a very stern response was "If the UK leave with "no deal"every single horse/greyhound will have to go into quarantine,visa checks,food/water checks brought with that animal,veterinary checks will be extensive.The "transportation act of the animal outside the EU will be vigorously enacted and any monies involved sale/prizemoney will be subject to tariffs off 40% at most to UK animals competing in EU jurisdiction.EU animals winning/sale will be due for tariff based on new UK sanctions.My findings were sent to HRI and as yet they have refused to comment not unusual considering the RUK move and Omerta.Just added that he also said that "UK football clubs cannot buy or invest in players under 18 due to an act that prohibits the sale of underage to outside EU jurisdiction based on the trafficking of EU youth act".

Advertisement