Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Ahead - Timetables for Routes 111/184/185 from 21st October

Options
  • 04-10-2018 11:51am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Go-Ahead Ireland have now published the timetables for Routes 111, 184 and 185 which will transfer to them from Sunday 21st October 2018.

For details of the transfer of routes 45A/45B/59/63/63A/75/75A on 7th October 2018 please see the previous post which I have made here.

A summary of the 111/184/185 timetables can be found below.

Route 111
    On Mondays to Saturdays there are earlier trips from Dun Laoghaire towards Brides Glen to allow for better connections to the Luas green line.

A brand new Sunday service is being introduced to offer an hourly frequency, with the first journey from Brides Glen leaving at 09:33 and the final journey leaving at 23:33.

Departure times between Dun Laoghaire and Dalkey and vice versa have been coordinated with service 59 where possible to offer more evenly spaced departures along these roads.

Full Timetable
    https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/4565/111.pdf

Route 184
    The timetable has been designed to connect with revised DART services at Greystones to and from Newtownmountkennedy.

The first and last journeys are broadly similar but the Mondays to Fridays evening frequency increases to every 30 minutes. On Saturdays and Sundays, there will be many extra journeys operating every 30 minutes, compared to current service provision of every hour on Saturdays and 2 hours on Sundays.

Full Timetable:
    https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/4565/184.pdf

Route 185
    The route is not changing but more journeys are also serving the Palermo Estate. The times of the first, last and peak journeys are similar to the current ones.

All the roads on the 185 will be continued to be served when we take over the route.

Some improvements have been made to make the timetable easier to understand.

Each day, there will be departures every 30 minutes from Bray DART station to Palermo Estate, with one of these continuing every hour to Powerscourt via Enniskerry.

The 185 will terminate at bus stop 4108 which is Enniskerry Golf Club (known locally as Shop River), as it does currently.

Full Timetable:
    https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/4565/185.pdf

Ticket Acceptance
    All existing Dublin Bus tickets, free travel passes and Leap Cards will be accepted on all Go-Ahead services, and the fare structure will remain the same as it currently is with Dublin Bus.

Real Time Info & Journey Planning
    Real Time information will be shown on the TFI Real Time Ireland Application and the TFI Journey Planner. Please see www.transportforireland.ie for more details on these apps and how to download.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I can't make head nor tail of the 185 route - does it go through Palermo estate then onto Enniskerry? How does it serve the stops on the Dargle Road then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

The 184 is a vast improvement on weekends, especially Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,759 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

will there be any co-ordination between the 184 and 84 timetables, considering they share a lot of the same route? DB have made some efforts in the past to avoid having them run through Greystones & Bray at the same time (though they still haven't been that well spaced out), but with different organisations now doing the timetables there's a risk there will be no co-ordination.

Under BusConnects these will be replaced by the 201/202 which will be co-ordinated so there is a 20 minute service on the shared section, but proper co-ordination is only possible if all the buses are being controlled from the same base. I hope future route tendering will take this into account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

loyatemu wrote: »
    will there be any co-ordination between the 184 and 84 timetables, considering they share a lot of the same route? DB have made some efforts in the past to avoid having them run through Greystones & Bray at the same time (though they still haven't been that well spaced out), but with different organisations now doing the timetables there's a risk there will be no co-ordination.

Under BusConnects these will be replaced by the 201/202 which will be co-ordinated so there is a 20 minute service on the shared section, but proper co-ordination is only possible if all the buses are being controlled from the same base. I hope future route tendering will take this into account?

The NTA are responsible for timetables on all routes regardless of operator. If the NTA wish to interwork the timetables on both routes they could. Also the 84 is an hourly route and the 184 is every half hour so they'd be quite difficult to interwork. Perhaps the 84 could be given a revised timetable with an increased which could be interworked with the 184 between Bray and Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HereinBray

I don't understand why the Palermo route gets a half hour frequency and everywhere else is hourly.......nowhere in Palermo is more than 5 minutes walk from either the Dargle or the Dublin Road.

Am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

HereinBray wrote: »
    I don't understand why the Palermo route gets a half hour frequency and everywhere else is hourly.......nowhere in Palermo is more than 5 minutes walk from either the Dargle or the Dublin Road.

Am I missing something?

The routing from Palermo sounds like a bit of a joke. 8 minute journey time from Bray DART station to Palermo seems like a bit of a pointless route although if you removed it from there you'd probably have local representives complaining. Do many use the Palermo routing I assume it's mostly OAPs using it.

Advertisement