Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does car mileage have any effect on insurance?

Options
  • 03-10-2018 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Buying a car with mileage like 219,465 km. Diesel 1.7 car,. Will this make my insurance go high? Or mileage has nothing to do with Insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think my insurance company has ever asked over the years what mileage was on my cars. It doesn't really have any relevance to them anyway because if the car has a mechanical failure they won't cover the cost of repair anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,431 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Don’t be giving them ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭20784

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Don’t be giving them ideas!

I don't understand what you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 81,857 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They usually ask you what mileage you will be doing when you are looking for a quote, the NCT now prints a record of the mileage on your NCT disc/cert so if you were to say you do 10k km a year and you actually do 50k km a year they would know from NCT disc should there be a claim.

Advertisement