Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceiling Master hook

Options
  • 03-10-2018 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi all, looking for some advice on here after finding no answers online. My folks have a chandelier, weighs about 15kg and has been hanging in their house for about 40 years with no issues. Until a few weeks ago! The ceiling hook snapped and the chandelier was hanging by the electical cable, luckily we got it down before it came crashing down.

My question is where can I get a hook that will fit the Ceiling Master connection? I have attached a few pics of what I need but I can't find anything online. Most hooks available are only rated to 5kg. Or what attachment should I use to replace the unit I have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

IMG_20181003_151718_zpsgypzrwsk.jpg?1538576614699&1538576615176IMG_20181003_151733_zpssqufcscw.jpg.html?o=0IMG_20181003_151724_zpsax7n5gn5.jpg?1538576614698&1538576615175

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

They’re still available. Called “Maestro Ceiling Master” if you google around you’ll definitely find them. They max out at 15kg. Just make sure the chandelier isn’t more than that as it’s possible that’s why the hook eventually sheered.

For a very heavy chandelier you may need to install a separate mounting hook and ensure that it is securely anchored to the structure of the ceiling. Usually there would be a sturdy wooden block sitting across the beams in the attic spreading the load.

The wiring would then be done into a rose that is independent of the mount.

I know I’ve seen very heavy light fittings eventually pull down a part of a ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kingofburt

Thank you EdgeCase, brilliant advice and I have found a replacement. Far more diffcult than it should have been so I really appreciate you taking the time to send me in the right direction.

Advertisement