Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Any thoughts on the above please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The question might arise re browsers, security and what websites will work - even if you do upgrade. Someone like Sad Prof will know the score there, I think. If it was just for documents you could probably potter away for a while (stand to be corrected).

Thks - any other suggestions please...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭serox_21

Is your mac with Intel CPU or PowerPC?
    If it's intel, then go with MacOS 10.6. You can download it from other sources as well(testing purpuse), buy it for long term use.
    Go with official Apple store. You are guaranteed to have a genuine license. Or read term and conditions before purchasing it from other sources.

Hi It is Intel CPU - when I upgrade will browsers, security and what websites will work okay ?
    Could you pm me please other sources I can download from - I looked yesterday and could not find any.
    I have 40 GB of free disk - is this enough if I download Snow Leopard ? Thanks very much for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭serox_21

No, there are no new browser versions released for MacOS X 10.6.x.
    With older browsers some web pages might not load correctly and have security risks.

40Gb of disk space should be enough for installing and running Snow Leopard.

If you want to use with latest browser version install linux(or windows 7) on it.

I'll PM some sources where you can download MacOS X 10.6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Could you post the exact model number of your Mac? You might find it on the bottom of the laptop or in the System Report section.

As the last person said, you won't get a modern browser to run on 10.6, but you might be able to upgrade it to a more modern OS.

Advertisement