Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners tips for Jogging?

Options
  • 03-10-2018 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hoping to start some modest jogging to try drop a few pounds.
    I'm a size 9 in normal shoes, would I be right in saying I probably should look at size 10 runner?
    Also where in Dublin is best value for a decent pair of runners that doesn't cost an arm or a leg and final question I had a number of twisted ankles(2) playing sport over the years, is there running socks that might prevent any recurrence and provide some bit of protection of ankle ?
    Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

follow a couch to 5k plan
    http://www.c25k.com/

Try on on a few pairs, everyone is different.

Run Hub, Run Zone, Run Logic, Amphibian King - all have staff who know what they're talking about and can help you choose a good pair of shoes
    Elverys or Kildare Village might have bargains, but don't have knowledgable staff

You don't have sudden changes of direction in running, so don't have the same lateral stress on your ankle. There are no socks that could provide support in that direction anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

hurler32 wrote: »
    Hoping to start some modest jogging to try drop a few pounds.
    I'm a size 9 in normal shoes, would I be right in saying I probably should look at size 10 runner?
    Also where in Dublin is best value for a decent pair of runners that doesn't cost an arm or a leg and final question I had a number of twisted ankles(2) playing sport over the years, is there running socks that might prevent any recurrence and provide some bit of protection of ankle ?
    Thanks in Advance

Standing on one leg, progressing to standing on one leg with your eyes closed, and then to doing it on a cushion will help your ankles (I speak as a former frequent ankle-sprainer :))

Advertisement