Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forums gone really quiet. What changes woulD make it busier??

Options
  • 02-10-2018 11:16pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Well?
    Its like a ghost town these days.
    What do you think would bring more traffic?

Should we allow more discussion on home tattooing , where to buy equipment etc?

Should we have more discussion on the technical side of things?

Honestly I don't really know how to bring more discussion.

Answers on a post card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I think the problem is a couple of things, alot of the regulars left, there is no forum beers, you can only answer the same question so many times before you stop answering, when tattoo shows are on there no suggestion of a meet up so no community feel like there once was

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Not being smartarses to everyone who posts up here looking for advice

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Not being smartarses to everyone who posts up here looking for advice

But

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

I think the problem is a couple of things, alot of the regulars left, there is no forum beers, you can only answer the same question so many times before you stop answering, when tattoo shows are on there no suggestion of a meet up so no community feel like there once was

Pretty much this, but also boards itself as a platform is in decline - its outdated unfortunately. As I said on another website ages ago displaying when people closed their accounts was a morale killer. Regularly reminding anyone who saw a post that the person had left. They've changed it since but the damage is done.

Heavy handed moderation (not here) and letting certain characters become mods and cmods also not the best idea.

To answer your question hellrazer; probably not much can be done unfortunately. The time was maybe 2-3 years ago for the site as a whole. I rarely log in anymore myself, when I did I'd numerous problems. It took me 10minutes to try log in despite all my credentials being correct.

Making raze moderator may help :pac: then again we've always teased him about that ha.

Lol I'm barely on, like yourself will I work mental hours regularly doing 106 plus without a day off last thing I'd want to do is mod anything.

The beers and tattoo meet ups used to be great craic now it's just check the board see easily answerable question with search log off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Lol I'm barely on, like yourself will I work mental hours regularly doing 106 plus without a day off last thing I'd want to do is mod anything.

The beers and tattoo meet ups used to be great craic now it's just check the board see easily answerable question with search log off

I was just winding you up man, it worked :p yeah the sessions were great Craic but boards was smaller then and not as well known. It's had its day unfortunately

• Hellrazer wrote: »
    Should we allow more discussion on home tattooing , where to buy equipment etc

Absolutely not. No one should be advertising where to get tattoo equipment. Unless you’ve been trained by a professional you shouldn’t be picking up a gun and inking people. Not to speak of it being incredibly dangerous it’s just stupid.

But I do think more discussion on safety/technical side of things could be cool. Maybe a thread regarding that in particular? I know there’s a few guys I could ask to do some Q&A’s or make some posts regarding the most common piercing/tattoo questions to help people who are unsure about stuff that could be pretty cool.

Advertisement