Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite wrestling era/year(s) ?

Options
  • 02-10-2018 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭

I've been thinking about this topic for a while and with several posters saying in the raw thread about how bad the product is now(which it is) and I mentioned I was watching 2004 WWE.

What is your favourite era or year or years as a fan ? And this can be from any company not just WWE. I mean there's the 1980s wrestling boom, or the attitude era and ruthless aggression era etc.

I'm obviously a big attitude era fan with it being that I was a teenager during it so it obviously holds a special place for me. There is also the stuff I'd only heard about but with the WWE network I've now been able to watch 1980s mid south wrestling or world class with the Von Erichs. There is mid Atlantic with my favourite wrestler ric flair in his Pomp.

But my favourite year in wrestling of all time is 2003/04 smackdown when Heyman was involved and you had lesnar, taker, angle, edge, Eddie, Benoit, mysterio. You had the whole look which I liked. It's my go to time in WWE when stuff was good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

1990-2004

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

1990-2004

That covers at least 3 different eras

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

My favourite time period as a fan is easily over the last two or three years by getting to go to live wrestling regularly through OTT, and they've had their best year yet this year, ScrapperMania and WrestleRama were both sensational shows, and the Fourth Anniversary Show with Ospreay v WALTER, Suzuki v Thatcher and Ishii v Kushida should be another great show.
    Also starting to watch NJPW a few years ago and how great NXT has been since the Network began has made the last few years a great time to be a fan.

Advertisement