Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo film

Options
  • 02-10-2018 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I got a new tattoo 3 days ago and it was covered with an adhesive film. The artist said to leave it on for three days. He said that it would start to look really smudged underneath it but it would be fine and to keep the film on. I just took it off and washed it like he said but loads of l the smudging is still there. I'm afraid to wash too hard in case I damage the tattoo but it doesn't look great. Should I keep washing and rubbing at the smudges or leave them till its healed properly?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just wash twice a day it with anti bacterial soap,apply a small amount of Johnsons baby lotion and leave it.

Don't rub it with a towel to dry. Let it air dry or pat with a clean towel.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

I got a new tattoo 3 days ago and it was covered with an adhesive film. The artist said to leave it on for three days. He said that it would start to look really smudged underneath it but it would be fine and to keep the film on. I just took it off and washed it like he said but loads of l the smudging is still there. I'm afraid to wash too hard in case I damage the tattoo but it doesn't look great. Should I keep washing and rubbing at the smudges or leave them till its healed properly?

I can't believe he told you to keep film on for 3 days are you sure? most artists i have met say a few hours and then wash with warm soapy water and pat dry, have things changed as it's about 10/15 years since i had one done.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Chloedancer

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Just wash twice a day it with anti bacterial soap,apply a small amount of Johnsons baby lotion and leave it.

Don't rub it with a towel to dry. Let it air dry or pat with a clean towel.

Thanks. It looks a lot better now. I think some of the leakage had ink that dried over the tattoo because there was ink where there shouldn't have been any but a lot of it has gone now.

decky1 wrote: »
    I can't believe he told you to keep film on for 3 days are you sure? most artists i have met say a few hours and then wash with warm soapy water and pat dry, have things changed as it's about 10/15 years since i had one done.:eek:
    Yes I checked because I was surprised too. The last tattoo I got was nearly 20 years ago. He said it's a new kind of dressing that breaths. It's worked really well for me. There's no scabbing at all and its a fairly big tattoo. It itches a lot less too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

It was probably dermalize or something similar that should be kept on for a few days. Its great stuff, breathable and flexible and prevents scabbing, reduces the chances of infection and accelerates the healing process.

Advertisement