Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubiquiti and Digiweb PPPoE

Options
  • 02-10-2018 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I just got Digiweb installed and wanted to use my own Edgemax router instead of the Fritz box that is supplied by Digiweb.

I originally tried to shoe horn the Digiweb configuration into my existing config but that didn't work so I fired up the Ubnt Wizard on the WebGUI of the EdgeMax.

Go to Wizards - Basic Setup and put in the following

Internet Connection Type: PPPoE
    Account Name: digiweb@siro.digiweb.ie
    Password: digiweb
    VLAN: Check "Internet Connection is on VLAN" and enter
    VLAN ID: 10

This assumes that you are using eth0 as you WAN port (i.e. from the Fibre box directly to the Edgemax)

Configure the other ports as desired.
    Apply and profit.

Hopefully this will come in useful for someone in the future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

This is all in the welcome mail pdf from digiweb, "Manual Configuration Settings, Page 14"

Altho this info is tricky to find if your a vodafone user, then pppoe settings are
    username: serialnumberofcraprouter@vfieftth.ie, password: broadband, vlan 10.

I noticed there is no native ipv6 on digiweb, is it a matter of contacting digiweb to enable?

Would prefer to get ipv6 working on the fritzbox before my Edgerouter, which is kind of a pain to configure ipv6 on

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭michaelheno

mickotoole wrote: »
    I just got Digiweb installed and wanted to use my own Edgemax router instead of the Fritz box that is supplied by Digiweb.

I originally tried to shoe horn the Digiweb configuration into my existing config but that didn't work so I fired up the Ubnt Wizard on the WebGUI of the EdgeMax.

Go to Wizards - Basic Setup and put in the following

Internet Connection Type: PPPoE
    Account Name: digiweb@siro.digiweb.ie
    Password: digiweb
    VLAN: Check "Internet Connection is on VLAN" and enter
    VLAN ID: 10

This assumes that you are using eth0 as you WAN port (i.e. from the Fibre box directly to the Edgemax)

Configure the other ports as desired.
    Apply and profit.

Hopefully this will come in useful for someone in the future.

i am on airwire ftth is there some setting i am missing when i enter my details in the edge router my speed has droped from 292 to around 100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

i am on airwire ftth is there some setting i am missing when i enter my details in the edge router my speed has droped from 292 to around 100

It might not be the cause but have you enabled Hardware Offloading in the ER? Apparently without it the router can struggle with higher speeds.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006567467-EdgeRouter-Hardware-Offloading

It might not be the cause but have you enabled Hardware Offloading in the ER? Apparently without it the router can struggle with higher speeds.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006567467-EdgeRouter-Hardware-Offloading

Will have a go at that tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭m99T

Confirmed this does affect speed quite alot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Another problem could be, if the ethernet port negotiates 100 Mbit/s speed.

Not having played with the Edgerouter series, but on the Mikrotik equivalent of similar devices, you have a configuration option of excluding certain speed in the auto-neg of the ports.

/M

Sorted had bridge ports ticked unticked it now have full broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jkp

Hi, just got Digiweb FTTH and similarly had to set up via wizard to get connected.

The only change I've made from the wizard setup was to enable HW offload but my download speeds are maxing out around 200mbps, wired connection. Should be getting closer to 500, and do with the provided fritzbox...

Any ideas what might be wrong in Edgemax settings? I checked for bridge ports. Link speed on eth0 is 1000/full...

Advertisement