Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which broadband?

Options
  • 30-09-2018 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭

hi all,im in nenagh/tipperary,just wondering what ye would recommend would be a good broadband provider,i would want good speeds to be able to get 4k on the tv,thanks all,im with 3 at the moment,best i have seen speed wise is about 5mbp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

sniperman wrote: »
    hi all,im in nenagh/tipperary,just wondering what ye would recommend would be a good broadband provider,i would want good speeds to be able to get 4k on the tv,thanks all,im with 3 at the moment,best i have seen speed wise is about 5mbp

What choices do you have?
    Fixed wireless?
    Fibre to the cabinet?
    Fibre to the home from eir?
    Fibre to the home from Siro?
    Copper landline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭sniperman

What choices do you have?
    Fixed wireless?
    Fibre to the cabinet?
    Fibre to the home from eir?
    Fibre to the home from Siro?
    Copper landline?

I just have a router now from 3,was wondering if there is one available form another provider that would be faster,one that would give at least 20mbp

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You need to answer the questions first, as it does not matter what hardware you have if a suitable service is not available to you.

It seems you are using the mobile phone network for broadband .... never a good choice if there are other options available.

The speed you get is mostly determined by the service provided rather than the hardware used.

Advertisement