Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to be more focussed, productive and adaptive at work?

Options
  • 30-09-2018 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, I’ve recently moved from a very reactive role to one where I have more autonomy and am required to be more proactive. It is very much a new working culture for me so I’m looking on tips on how to be more productive and focussed. Anyone any tips that they find effective? I use outlook calendar to plan my day currently, but also find that things crop up and this gets thrown off course. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Crowman

May I ask what line of work are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

rekluse wrote: »
    Hi Folks, I’ve recently moved from a very reactive role to one where I have more autonomy and am required to be more proactive. It is very much a new working culture for me so I’m looking on tips on how to be more productive and focussed. Anyone any tips that they find effective? I use outlook calendar to plan my day currently, but also find that things crop up and this gets thrown off course. Cheers.

Sounds like a very waffley goal to be honest. Establish tasks. Do tasks. Request training for tasks you can't do or would like to be able to do.

I'd advise turning Outlook's email notifications off though, they can derail a train of thought very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

No point making work for the sake of it.

What's the main output of the company and where do you fit in?

Advertisement