Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda bad press

Options
  • 30-09-2018 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

I'd have very little interaction with the guards. I own a couple of firearms so we cross paths about that and they were always fine.

Had a car broken into but not stolen. The investigating Guard saw my tape (yeah it was in those days) collection and we had a long conversation about Abba and Nick Cave.

Just today had a van with 2 Gardai stop and ask me and a few others what we were up to (and rightly so we did look a bit sus) but once we explained they were fine and we had a good long chat.

Ain't all bad !!

Post positive Gardai interactions !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What were you up to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I've never had anything but very positive, professional and helpful interactions with Gardaí down the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Gardai are grand. I'd like to see more of them on our streets and on mobile patrol, especially for motoring offences

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭moonage

cb9ed8876eab1bab73f559e8db3877b6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Most guards are grand, like any normal people you will find that sugar works better than vinegar with them.

Eg.

If you get pulled over for breaking the speed limit, you're obviously much more likely to get a telling off and let on your way if you apologise to the guard in question, explain that you rent familiar with the limit on the particular stretch of road, than you are by pulling in mouthing off to the guard that you pay his salary with your taxes, and say something along the lines of imbecile in a uniform abusing his authority.

It's not rocket science.

• Advertisement
Advertisement