Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time mom freaked out!!!

• 30-09-2018 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

Tomorrow I will be 16 weeks pregnant (my first pregnancy) and I am worried because I don't really feel pregnant...

I had a scan at 12 weeks and everything was perfect (a healthy heartbeat and growing bang on to match dates) but am now scared because I don't have any visible bump yet and I haven't felt any movement yet...

I also never really had any strong pregnancy symptoms - even during my first trimester, so feel a little bit in limbo

The placenta is behind the baby so MW said I may start feeling movement a little sooner than if it was in front of baby but still, nothing...

Is it normal to have no bump and feel no movement at 16 weeks? Should I book another private scan?

Please let me know what you think - all advice is much appreciated

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

very normal. baby is tiny and only 2 or 3 ounces surrounded by water.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

In my first pregnancy I felt totally normal throughout apart from some heartburn and the sleepless nights.
    I didn't really feel the kicks until around 18 weeks or so and had started to freak a little bit too.
    Your little baby could just be a quiet baby.
    So long as your not feeling any pain or bleeding I would try not to worry too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

In my last pregnancy I had my booking appointment at around 20 weeks, because I didn’t notice I was pregnant until a couple of weeks before that. It was not my first pregnancy. I’ve never had any early pregnancy symptoms, and I’ve never had any problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Very normal. I was still wearing my regular jeans til around 20 weeks. The only symptoms I had were pregnancy insomnia and didn’t feel movement (that I knew was movement) until around 23 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Totally normal. I didn’t feel any movement until about 20 weeks and have never had any symptoms like morning sickness. I still don’t ‘feel’ pregnant a lot of the time, and then it kicks me as a reminder :D

Try not to fret. One day soon your jeans won’t close and you’ll notice that popping sensation, don’t worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

To be honest, it would be more abnormal than normal to be feeling movement at this stage. It's totally normal for a first time mum not to feel anything until up to 24 weeks.

Sounds like you're worrying over nothing!

Advertisement