Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Pigeon Rounds in bulk <1000 rounds

Options
  • 29-09-2018 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Does anyone buy clay rounds in bulk quanties and what are the prices you pay for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Our club buys them from Mourne Shooting grounds, he imports them from the manufacturer in Latvia.
    Q-line limited.
    I'll find out what price he charges us tomorrow.

Edit, a 1000 isn't many, you'd need to be in the 10,000 range to get any value.

EDIT. Due to a few glasses of wine, I read the query as "Clay pigeons in bulk" !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Bought from mourne as above. Sean is a1 to deal with.

Price per 1000 varies from cartridge to cartridge.

Depends on what you want.

Ardee for the eley

Patrick carley for the fiocchi

Lakelands for rc

Cilldara hunting for the gamebore

Mourne for lyalvale

Courtlough for cheddite

Iv bought off everyone. If you really want a discount you will have to be buying 10000+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

I buy 10,000 at a time and get a bit of a discount over buying 1000. The RFD keeps them and I just lift 1000 at a time as I need them. I would shoot 1000 roughly every 6 weeks.

Luckysasha wrote: »
    I buy 10,000 at a time and get a bit of a discount over buying 1000. The RFD keeps them and I just lift 1000 at a time as I need them. I would shoot 1000 roughly every 6 weeks.

Still on the power red's??

No changed to the blues 28g 8’s. Last slab of power reds I shot I felt they were a bit thumpier than usual so I gave the blues a go and stayed with them since. Lad I shoot with was on the golds but he change to F-blacks 8.5’s and loves them. What are you shooting ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Our club is buying lylevale English Sporter (28 grams, 7.5) at about 4 or 4.50 a box from Mourne. They sell on to shooters at 5 a box.

Luckysasha wrote: »
    No changed to the blues 28g 8’s. Last slab of power reds I shot I felt they were a bit thumpier than usual so I gave the blues a go and stayed with them since. Lad I shoot with was on the golds but he change to F-blacks 8.5’s and loves them. What are you shooting ?

Blues are a fine cartridge. Shooting a lot of white gold in an 8. Local lad started selling them and getting good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭cosieman

How much does 10000 rounds cost out of curiosity?

cosieman wrote: »
    How much does 10000 rounds cost out of curiosity?

Could be anywhere from 180 -380 per thousand.

At the cheapest you would be looking at 1800-2000 euro

That would be power red. Tt1 ,olympic blues gamebore velocity , cheddite drago

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Our club is buying lylevale English Sporter (28 grams, 7.5) at about 4 or 4.50 a box from Mourne. They sell on to shooters at 5 a box.

English sporters are fine for a 50 bird. I would shoot about 200 on Sundays and i would definitely prefer to shoot 200 Power blues than 200 English sporters. Ok they might be a euro dearer per 25 but the blues are a lot smoother and far less recoil. If you get a chance give them a try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement