Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Recomendation

Options
  • 29-09-2018 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello

I’m just wondering could someone advise me on a computer that could run the simulator comfortably. I’d be hoping to play offline for a while till I get more comfortable with it all. I’d then hope to play online. I have got the logistick waiter pro g flight yoke and rudder pedals. I have monitor and rest of hardware. How much would I be looking at paying ? I do not really understand all the computer lingo

Liam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

Hurl_Lad, it really depends on what sim you are look at, and the specs of your current hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

There's really no upper limit on flight sims. I'd pick a budget and get the lads over at building and upgrading to spec you a machine. If you need help building many of us are willing to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hurl_lad

I'm not sure what game I will be playing yet. From the web I can gather Xplane 11 is the best and newest. It seems do youd want a monster of a computer to run it.

What sort of price range would I be looking at for the pc ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Their recommended specs are a 6600k and a 1070, so maybe €1200-1400 new, the minimum specs are way lower though, so at 1080p and if you were willing to buy second hand parts you could definitely do it for under €1k ID say

Advertisement