Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Canon EOS M3 - remote shooting & OBS studio

Options
  • 29-09-2018 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Can someone advise on a work around. I want to use OBS Studio in conjunction with my M3 to do facebook lives. For it to work, i need to enable the remote shooting function on EOS Utility. However, When EOS Utility starts, I don't have the middle option to remote shoot. See attached of what it should look like.

Have looked at Canon support and it says remote shooting is not available with this model. I bought this camera to do vlogging and was advised by Camera Store that this would be the best option. So am quite annoyed now that i can't use it for what I intended to use it for. It was a waste of 700 quid

Is there any work around which will allow me to set up the M3 as a webcam so that I can do facebook lives with it through OBS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

USB2 isnt up to the task of streaming 1080p. Its good for tethered stills shooting as its SHOOT-TRANNNNNNNNNNSFER-SHOOT.

You could use the HDMI output with an Avermedia (Or other) capture card into OBS. It'll work but another mess of cables that you don't necessarily need. Depending on how long ago you might go back and argue you were mis sold.

Advertisement