Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 29th Sept '18

Options
  • 29-09-2018 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Just setting this up to get things moving....
    Freiheit should be winning a poor race here,2.10 Navan. 9/4.
    Brave Display EW in the 2.45. 18/1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Think the cheveley park is a brilliant race. So perfect ew against the fav

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

1:50 Newmarket
    Mohawk looks to have a decent change here. He has run well last twice on softer ground and the step up in trip and fast ground will surely be to his liking. The most likely winner here is certainly Arthur Kitt as the fav is all wrong in my view.
    1 Point win 12/1 hills 10/1 generally
    2:25 Newmarket
    Gossamer Wings hasn’t and things go her way the last few runs and I think she will be suited by this trip and ground. She is a strong traveler and I fancy her to be there at the business end. 40/1 is massive
    1 Point EW 40/1 365
    3:40 Newmarket
    Sands Chorus just can’t be left run here at 100/1 after his superb run last year. He’ll surly run his best race this year here. Bravery is on a great mark after a light season and should be ready to run a big race. Raising Sand runs well is these big field races and won’t be far away is high numbers are favored.
    1 Points EW 8 places Sands Chorus 100/1 365
    1 Point EW 8 places Bravery 66/1 365
    1 Point EW 8 Places Raising Sand 40/1 365

3:15 Haydock
    Just Glamorous came to life around this time last year after some very poor runs and is probably worth a shot here at a huge price.
    1 Point EW 5 places paddy/betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Like Serefeli in the second last at Navan and a bit surprised to see it drifting out in the betting to as high as 11's. Been there ore thereabouts on more than once this season, I think with the benefit of a 52 week low handicap rating it has a cracking chance here in a poor enough race.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Mendelssohn looked like he was heading in the right direction when last seen out, with Moore forgoing all the Newmarket group 1’s today and a small field, and the stable out from under the cloud with the virus, I’m tempted to back him 3/1 against the odds on fav . Can he do it tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

BumperD wrote: »
    Mendelssohn looked like he was heading in the right direction when last seen out, with Moore forgoing all the Newmarket group 1’s today and a small field, and the stable out from under the cloud with the virus, I’m tempted to back him 3/1 against the odds on fav . Can he do it tonight?

There's a decent enough field for this, Diversify the favourite has run to RPR 122 and 121 on his last two starts and he loves this track. That's a tough nut to crack and the likes of Gronkowski best rpr 119 likes Belmont as well, plus Thunder Snow best rpr 123 can be a brilliant horse on his day.

Mendelssohn best rpr 122 is using this as a stepping stone to the Classic but he's going to have to put in a decent performance here to justify his place and price on the Coolmore America stud roster for next year so he should be close to peaking. I saw pictures of him on the APOBFS before he shipped out to America and he looked fit as a flea.

I don't think 3/1 is a great price on him but if stable form is anything to go by then he could win by a street.

• Advertisement

tryfix wrote: »
    There's a decent enough field for this, Diversify the favourite has run to RPR 122 and 121 on his last two starts and he loves this track. That's a tough nut to crack and the likes of Gronkowski best rpr 119 likes Belmont as well, plus Thunder Snow best rpr 123 can be a brilliant horse on his day.

Mendelssohn best rpr 122 is using this as a stepping stone to the Classic but he's going to have to put in a decent performance here to justify his place and price on the Coolmore America stud roster for next year so he should be close to peaking. I saw pictures of him on the APOBFS before he shipped out to America and he looked fit as a flea.

I don't think 3/1 is a great price on him but if stable form is anything to go by then he could win by a street.

He’s getting 4lbs from them, that might help a little...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I'm no speed guru but did Mendelssohn and Diversify not go a suicidal gallop there?
    The result would suggest it is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

BumperD wrote: »
    He’s getting 4lbs from them, that might help a little...

Her ran a great to keep close tabs on that suicidal pace and he was staying on fairly well after being passed. I wouldn't mind being on him to place in the Classic. I'd imagine that a top 4 finish in the Classic is the result Coolmore are looking for to see him off on his stud career.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

I'm no speed guru but did Mendelssohn and Diversify not go a suicidal gallop there?
    The result would suggest it is the case.

Your right, Moore and ortiz made a bollix of it

I don't like criticising American Racing because it gets an unfair rap a lot of the time, but that race was a fcukin' joke. Leading duo were flat to the boards with a furlong to go there. The eventual winner was ten lengths back with 2 furlongs having the fcuk beaten out of it. How it won that race is a mystery as it is nowhere near the best horse on the track.

If Coolmore ever want success on American dirt races, then Ryan Moore needs to go, because he has no clue on how to pace a race over there.

• Advertisement

If Coolmore ever want success on American dirt races, then Ryan Moore needs to go, because he has no clue on how to pace a race over there.
    Before people get their knickers in a twist, I was only referring to him riding in US dirt races. Obviously his record on turf goes without saying.

tryfix wrote: »
    Her ran a great to keep close tabs on that suicidal pace and he was staying on fairly well after being passed. I wouldn't mind being on him to place in the Classic. I'd imagine that a top 4 finish in the Classic is the result Coolmore are looking for to see him off on his stud career.

Just watched replay the front two cut their throats out from he did well to get 3rd

Advertisement