Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holmes and Watson ( Ferrell & john C Reilly)

Options
  • 28-09-2018 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

Trailer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

This sounds impossible but if you check out his filmography, Will Ferrell (my favourite comic actor of the 2000s, easily) hasn't made a single great movie since 2010 - The Other Guys. First impressions from me are that this won't change things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭fluke

The bee shooting was the best bit by far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

This sounds impossible but if you check out his filmography, Will Ferrell (my favourite comic actor of the 2000s, easily) hasn't made a single great movie since 2010 - The Other Guys. First impressions from me are that this won't change things.

I think you should have stopped after
    "Will Ferrell (my favourite comic actor of the 2000s, easily) hasn't made a single great movie"
    A few good ones.... but nothing great...
    This one won't be great either... Looks a bit sameish ...but we shall see

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'd rate The Lego Movie as a "great movie".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

step brothers i liked a lot , talladega nights not so much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would agree that his last truly great movie was The Other Guys but Daddy's Home and The Campaign have enough good in them to outweigh the bad I think, I liked both a lot.

Anchorman 2 and Get Hard had a few classic moments but fairly weak overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

I think you should have stopped after
    "Will Ferrell (my favourite comic actor of the 2000s, easily) hasn't made a single great movie"
    A few good ones.... but nothing great...
    This one won't be great either... Looks a bit sameish ...but we shall see

I would say Ferrell has made a great film, Stranger than Fiction. Incredibly clever and fairly underrated imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

I thought that trailer was quite funny. The problem is, like trailers invariably do for films of this type, that is probably the full extent of the laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

Ferrell's career is littered with terrible movies but damn it if he doesn't give his all in them. I imagine this will be no different. I mean the British accent "gag" annoyed me by the end of the trailer. I could only imagine what a full movie would be like.

As for Ferrell who doesn't love Frank the Tank. Also check out him and John C Reilly doing a rendition of Bing Crosby and David Bowie's "Little Drummer Boy".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,963 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Apparently this tested so poorly, even Netflix passed when Sony shopped it around; only watched the trailer there as I'm always curious about any new Holmes adaptation. It looks absolutely f*cking awful. Too awful even for Netflix's low standards apparently.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/aquaman-bumblebee-christmas-thursday-night-previews-weekend-box-office-1202524462/
    We had heard for quite some time that test scores for Holmes & Watson were so bad that Sony tried unloading the movie to Netflix, but the streamer wouldn’t buy it. The Culver City lot kept the movie and opted to do the best that it could do with it, selling down its share on the movie with Mimran Schur Pictures taking a minority stake.

• Advertisement

in principle you would have thought that this could have been good but looks to be shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

they told a story of meeting Mark Strong at a football game and told him they were marking a Sherlock Holmes movie and his face was WTF!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,334 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just watched it and while it's not the best film ever it's funny enough to keep you entertained and at least smiling if not laughing the whole way thru - the gags keep coming thick and fast, Zoolander comes to mind for some of the subtlety
    Don't understand the low ratings on it or is it just hating on Ferrell
    As for comedies of the last 10/20 years its one of the better ones - nobody makes comedies like they did in the 80's

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I heard it was so bad, that people walked out of the film when watching it.

Advertisement