Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telescope Repairs

Options
  • 28-09-2018 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Celestron NexStar SLT 127 Makestov Cassegrain for about 8 years, took it out tonight to look at Mars and Saturn but i can't get it to focus even using the 25m eyepiece. The focusser turns and stops ok but the image stays blurry.
    I dont really want to attempt a repair as if its too complicated i could cause more damage but is there a shop anywhere in Dublin or Kildare (Im in Celbridge) that could take a look and repair it possibly? I may try again tomorrow in the daylight against a landmark just to see.

Edit: Fixed it. Focusser was way off and so was finderscope. Sorted it against the moon this morning

Thanks,
    Micheal

Advertisement