Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Card Help

Options
  • 28-09-2018 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭

Hoping for some help here. Irregular public transport user, but will be using it regularly soon. Have a leap card from years back, again, irregular use.

Today went to add a ticket onto it, the cork red zone bus and rail monthly ticket. This was at little island station, but no option to add a ticket, only credit. Downloaded app, but only gives option for two bus eireann tix and a Dublin bus one.

Does anyone know how I can add the ticket to the card?

Cheers for any help. Will be getting taxsaver next month, but this will just be handy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

fmMRVFxl.png

Scan card
    Ticket (above screen)
    Cork
    Red Zone 7 day

EDIT: You can't do the multi system ticket on LEAP as far as I know due to BE awkwardness.

Simples.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah so the monthly can't be done? Cos I'll be getting bus to work, train home. Just paying the extra to cover transport to the city

• Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If I'm correct, you need a personalised (with your photo) Leap Card to load a monthly ticket.

Cheers for the info. It's odd that I can't get an option for Irish Rail tickets at all, only bus eireann and Dublin bus

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Mushy wrote: »
    Cheers for the info. It's odd that I can't get an option for Irish Rail tickets at all, only bus eireann and Dublin bus

Will only work on certain commuter trains and dart from what I'm aware.

When you get the tax saver it will be on a personal card with photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Victor wrote: »
    If I'm correct, you need a personalised (with your photo) Leap Card to load a monthly ticket.

Mine is personalized and does not provide that option.

Will only work on certain commuter trains and dart from what I'm aware.

When you get the tax saver it will be on a personal card with photo.

Had a PM from a person, they mentioned buying ticket on website then getting the top up. Have bought it so now waiting on being able to add it to the card via the app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Mushy wrote: »
    Had a PM from a person, they mentioned buying ticket on website then getting the top up. Have bought it so now waiting on being able to add it to the card via the app

Taxsaver is done through your employer

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Taxsaver is done through your employer

Oh I know, will be doing that next month. Had missed cut off for this month though

Advertisement