Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSA Licence

Options
  • 28-09-2018 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello. Would like to get some information regarding PSA licence. I have a valid Cash-in-transit licence. And I have completed Door Supervisor & Basic Guarding training. Just waiting for certificate. Can I add these two sectors to my current licence or it will be treated as a First Time licence? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

According to https://www.psa.gov.ie/en/PSA/Pages/renewing_your_employee_licence:

"If you wish to add a new sector to your current licence, you will need to upload evidence of having completed the required TRAINING.

If you wish to apply for a new sector but are not renewing your current licence it will be treated as a first time application, Applying For A First Licence."

This is quite confusing.

What is the difference between adding a new sector and applying for a new sector?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aivenhas

That's confusing me too. There is no clear explaination. Tried to contact them and psa answered me I can't have everything on one licence. But the question is do I still need to submit all the documents like first time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭Biodegradable

I'm about to book a PSA course soon. I think once you have just the basic PSA covered you can do a lot of security jobs. Is that right?

Advertisement