Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk visa

Options
  • 28-09-2018 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi i m holding irish resident permit stamp4 my spouse is irish national and i have irish born child can i visit my british citizen brother uk with my family without visa can someone help me please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 savemyname

I believe Irish resident permit doesn't allow you to visit the UK without Visa. I am afraid you need to apply for the UK visa the but best to consult an immigration lawyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Alibutt

savemyname wrote: »
    I believe Irish resident permit doesn't allow you to visit the UK without Visa. I am afraid you need to apply for the UK visa the but best to consult an immigration lawyer.

Oh ok thanks , i thought irish residency has same rights enter to uk like my partner she goes free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

You may also require a re-entry visa (if your passport is issued by a country that requires a visa to enter ROI). If re-entry visa is required you should apply for multiple entry - these are free for spouses of Irish nationals.

So it would be in your best interests to check with INIS.

You may also require a re-entry visa (if your passport is issued by a country that requires a visa to enter ROI). If re-entry visa is required you should apply for multiple entry - these are free for spouses of Irish nationals.

So it would be in your best interests to check with INIS.
    Have you got any idea i already got multiple re-entry visa on my passport just wondering can i go uk with irish national spouse as family unit would it be problem , or i wont see anyborder force on uk air port from ireland

Alibutt wrote: »
    Have you got any idea i already got multiple re-entry visa on my passport just wondering can i go uk with irish national spouse as family unit would it be problem , or i wont see anyborder force on uk air port from ireland
    As far as I’m aware the airline (in Ireland) especially Ryanair might/will check ‘foreign’ passports to ensure you have a UK visa as if they don’t & you're somehow stopped entering the UK without a visa the airline is bound to foot the bill for your return on next available flight.

It’s a different story for holders of stamp4 EU FAM as regards travelling to UK, so despite the fact that people may say they did it on a Stamp4 no problem without a UK visa you have no guarantee that you won’t encounter a problem, so my advice would be to do things by the book & get a visa to enter the UK. Better be safe than sorry!

• Advertisement

As far as I’m aware the airline (in Ireland) especially Ryanair might/will check ‘foreign’ passports to ensure you have a UK visa as if they don’t & you're somehow stopped entering the UK without a visa the airline is bound to foot the bill for your return on next available flight.

It’s a different story for holders of stamp4 EU FAM as regards travelling to UK, so despite the fact that people may say they did it on a Stamp4 no problem without a UK visa you have no guarantee that you won’t encounter a problem, so my advice would be to do things by the book & get a visa to enter the UK. Better be safe than sorry!
    one of my friend he got irish resident permit he travelled to uk they didnt ask him anything just they ask him produce resident permit thats it , he got married with irish national and have two kids

Contact Crosscare Migrant Project - they should be able to advise you, or if they can’t they’ll direct you to somewhere that can:
    Address: Crosscare, 1 Cathedral Street, Dublin 1, D01 EF86, Ireland.
    Email: migrantproject@crosscare.ie
    Phone: +353 (0)1 873 2844

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mphezi

I am in a similar position. I'm in an EU national hold a irish stamp4. Me and my Irish unmarried partner have 3 kids and have been living together for the past 5 to 6 years we wanted to travel to the Northern Ireland Belfast 4 a short family break together I applied for the EEA family permit but was rejected a few days ago reasons where that I did not provide enough proof that i am related as claimed to my children who are all Irish citizens. A friend of mine told me I don't need a visa to visit northern Ireland but since Northern Ireland is part of the UK I wouldn't chance it any help. it's quite frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Mphezi wrote: »
    I am in a similar position. I'm in an EU national hold a irish stamp4. Me and my Irish unmarried partner have 3 kids and have been living together for the past 5 to 6 years we wanted to travel to the Northern Ireland Belfast 4 a short family break together I applied for the EEA family permit but was rejected a few days ago reasons where that I did not provide enough proof that i am related as claimed to my children who are all Irish citizens. A friend of mine told me I don't need a visa to visit northern Ireland but since Northern Ireland is part of the UK I wouldn't chance it any help. it's quite frustrating

You can travel to Belfast from the Republic without a visa. There is no border control. You do need a visa if you are departing the island of Ireland to visit England, Scotland or Wales

Advertisement