Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFI Horrorthon 2018

Options
  • 28-09-2018 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

The first six films have been announced, with the rest of the line-up promised soon:

Await Further Instructions
    Lifechanger
    Nightmare Cinema
    One Cut of the Dead
    Piercing
    What Keeps You Alive

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have heard a lot of good things about One Cut Of The Dead so hopefully will be able to get to see that... although sadly my work schedule isn’t super Horrorthon friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Catcher7791

The full programme is out:

http://ifi.ie/horrorthon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

As a big fan of Razorback back in the day, I'm really looking forward to Boar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Decuc500

I saw Nightmare Cinema, a compendium film with contributions from David Slade and Joe Dante amongst others.

A bit hit and miss as most of these short film collections can be but overall I liked it.

Very good interview with Mick Garris before hand, nice that they could get him to attend the festival.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One Cut Of The Dead was a blast. I confess during the ‘first act’ I was left wondering a little where it was going, some low-budget technical bravura aside. But once the film plays its hand, it’s an absolute delight and the last 30 minutes are solid gold. Deserves much more than a Horrorthon audience, and it’s a lovely, laugh out loud tribute to the trials and tribulations of independent filmmaking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement