Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VRT on uk company car

Options
  • 27-09-2018 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Live in the south work in the north and pay tax in the north. Have been recently giving use of a company van with uk plates for travelling between sites and am allowed to drive vehicle home to south. Do i have to pay VRT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Live in the south work in the north and pay tax in the north. Have been recently giving use of a company van with uk plates for travelling between sites and am allowed to drive vehicle home to south. Do i have to pay VRT

The van is registered to the company. It's up to the company to deal with any VRT implications.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A friend of mine was in a similar situation a few years back, as he was travelling across the Derry/Donegal border daily.

Once when the customs guys stopped him and he said it was a company car, he was more or less told it didn't matter, it had to have RoI plates on it if he was resident in the Republic. The official told him that his employer would have to hire a company car from the South for him.

Advertisement