Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liadh ni Riada not using SF logo on posters

Options
  • 27-09-2018 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Is this an attempt to distance herself from Gerry Adams and any IRA association and give an image that she's a semi independent candidate , I wonder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Possibly, but I don't think it really matters as barring any scandals, Michael D already has it sown up.

I'm no fan of his myself but the "alternatives" are a bunch of reality TV businessmen or other similarly unsuited personalities.

Politics in general in this country suffers far too much from a "best of the worst" problem and we see it in action once they're in office.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

To be fair, it's supposed to be an impartial position; the president is supposed to act indepedently.

Michael D. got the nomination from Labour in 2011 and his poster had no party logo on it, though the colour branding is still Labour:

Higgins.JPG

That said, Michael D. is now officially an "Independent", but whether that came before or after his election I don't know. I expect probably the latter - McAleese was FF until she was elected. I think they have to give up party affiliation once elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

It is essential that the role of president remains, for the most part, a symbolic post rather than a post with substance. It's embarrassing enough as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

[QUOTE=Assetbacked;108198203]It is essential that the role of president remains, for the most part, a symbolic post rather than a post with substance. It's embarrassing enough as it is.[/QUOTE]

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: No more political threads in After Hours please.

There is a thread running in Politics Cafe here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement