Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victims of Rural crime want an apology from travellers.

Options
  • 27-09-2018 11:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭

Works both ways, if they can demand an apology then in the spirit of reconciliation they should be willing to admit to their own deep failings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Can't wait to hear what Pavee Point say about this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Have the formed an organisation and asked for an apology? And have they sent it to whatever body within the travellers that authorises crime?

Or was this just another excuse for a traveller bashing thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Didn't you know? Travellers are always the victims, even when they rob, assault, and murder, it is never their fault.

Remember this story when an Afghan family were attacked in Dublin, and we had several days of "we Irish are racisct scumbags, we should march in the streets to highlight this" until it was discovered that the attackers were travellers, then it all just quietly went away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Can't wait to hear what Pavee Point say about this :pac:

You think Pavee Point read the inane rambling drivel in AH ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Victims of Rural crime want an apology from travellers...

I nominate John Connors to deliver that. Maybe during a Late Late Show appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

You think Pavee Point read ?

Fyp there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Comhra wrote: »
    Victims of Rural crime want an apology from travellers...

I nominate John Connors to deliver that. Maybe during a Late Late Show appearance.

Better still, one of the Joyces could do it in a youtube callout / apology video, complete with manky vest, shaky phone, and comments about retarded children.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

tastyt wrote: »
    Fyp there

Fyp there.

Fixed your post for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

I know a lot of travellers and they are bad, bad people.
    I also know a lot of travellers whom I would hold in higher regard than a lot of posters around here.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

You think Pavee Point read the inane rambling drivel in AH ?

No but by God they should.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

Grayson wrote: »
    Have the formed an organisation and asked for an apology? And have they sent it to whatever body within the travellers that authorises crime?

Surely such a demand for an apology is just as valid if not far more so?

The media haven't yet even begun to highlight the fact that rural crime is overwhelmingly traveller related.

Gravelly wrote: »
    Didn't you know? Travellers are always the victims, even when they rob, assault, and murder, it is never their fault.

Remember this story when an Afghan family were attacked in Dublin, and we had several days of "we Irish are racisct scumbags, we should march in the streets to highlight this" until it was discovered that the attackers were travellers, then it all just quietly went away.

Yes people before profit were in a serious dilemma.

To defend one sacred cow involved coming down on another sacred cow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Surely such a demand for an apology is just as valid if not far more so?

The media haven't yet even begun to highlight the fact that rural crime is overwhelmingly traveller related.

Did someone not say just recently that "rural crime" is actually code for "Traveller led crime" ?

I can well believe it.

Did someone not say just recently that "rural crime" is actually code for "Traveller led crime" ?

I can well believe it.

Anyone who lives in rural Ireland can tell you that fact.

The media has been under reporting traveller crime for years now.

It's the PC culture which gave us Rotherham in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Grayson wrote: »

Eventually, eventually, you will have to concede. Concede that members of the travelling people by and large don't want help and the people in charge of "helping them" don't actually want them to be helped, lest they lose out on money/virtue-signalling rights.
    And concede that that most - not a few, not half, most - regard people like you and me with the kind of distain we might level towards a broken arm.

And my fuggin gawd will I fatten on it.

God almighty I wish you could have lived next a halting site I really do. I wish you could have heard the beatings and screaming. Every night. Until we moved. And everything else. Oh I'd love for you to have experienced everything else that such a bright, vibrant, diverse culture had to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I can well believe it.

Yes. Well, kind of.. They face competition from Balkans or Dubs too, to be fair :o

Eventually, eventually, you will have to concede. Concede that members of the travelling people by and large don't want help and the people in charge of "helping them" don't actually want them to be helped, lest they lose out on money/virtue-signalling rights.
    And concede that that most - not a few, not half, most - regard people like you and me with the kind of distain we might level towards a broken arm.

And my fuggin gawd will I fatten on it.

God almighty I wish you could have lived next a halting site I really do. I wish you could have heard the beatings and screaming. Every night. Until we moved. And everything else. Oh I'd love for you to have experienced everything else that such a bright, vibrant, diverse culture had to offer.

A savage brutal people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Stick to the one thread lads!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement