Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receive SMS from Android to Mac

Options
  • 27-09-2018 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Making the move in a couple of weeks when the pixel is released (or maybe one plus 6T). A lot of the apps I'm using on the iPhone are google apps now anyway so I'm not going to lose much.

The only thing I am wondering about is an alternative to iMessage.

Is there any android app out there that can send and receive SMS through my laptop? Does it work via bluetooth with the phone nearby or what's the story? I've been looking at the android message service but I'm not sure if that's the same?

Thanks,
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi All,

Making the move in a couple of weeks when the pixel is released (or maybe one plus 6T). A lot of the apps I'm using on the iPhone are google apps now anyway so I'm not going to lose much.

The only thing I am wondering about is an alternative to iMessage.

Is there any android app out there that can send and receive SMS through my laptop? Does it work via bluetooth with the phone nearby or what's the story? I've been looking at the android message service but I'm not sure if that's the same?

Thanks,
    Gary

the latest versions of Android have a web messaging feature that works like WhatsApp Web.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Pushbullet will work too: https://www.pushbullet.com/ - the app on your phone talks to the webapp over wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Spocker wrote: »
    Pushbullet will work too: https://www.pushbullet.com/ - the app on your phone talks to the webapp over wifi

Yes. Use it all the time. The phone and laptop doesnt need to be on the same wifi network.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Yes. Use it all the time. The phone and laptop doesnt need to be on the same wifi network.

Ah, you are correct, I generally don't have the two (laptop & phone) running in separate places

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
Advertisement