Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P Smart stcuk on boot logo after screen replacement

Options
  • 26-09-2018 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

I have a Huawei P Smart. My son dropped it, and cracked the screen, so I ordered a new one, but I got one that the front case comes with it. This meant I had to transfer over the cameras, mic, and things. I have done this before on other phones , and tablets, had no problems. However, with this one when I turn it on, it loads up the Huawei logo, and then reboots. Whenit does reboot, it brings up a recovery options screen.

So there are 4 options:

1 Download latest version and recovery
    2 Wipe data/factory reset
    3 Reboot
    4 Shutdown

So I went with option 1 and it connects to the wifi in the house. Then it says Getting package info from server, and after a few seconds ,Getting package info failed.

I tried Factory Reset. It gets to 67%, then jumps to 100, and says Factory reset successful. After a reboot, everything is still the same.

So I said I'd flash it with the orignal ROM, which it was runnuing anyway. Downloaded the ROM, put it on a micro SD card, and tried to Flash it. But it just gets to 5%, and then says Software install failed. I've tried two different SD cards. One is a 64gb, but not formatted to Fat32 because of it's size, but both give the same result. I'm pretty sure it is the correct ROM for the phone.

Itried unplugging the battery for 10 minutes, but it's still the same.

Would this be a bootloader problem or something? I'm not too up on bootloaders, but am trying to find out.

The phone was/is stock, but I can't get it past this problem. Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Update:

So after many hours during the week I got the phone working.

Windows would not see the phone connected, if I connected via usb. So I couldn't install TWRP, despite trying different drivers. I tried many versions of the stock ROM, but the result was the same every time; would stop at 5% and say Software Install Failed. I said I'd try a custom ROM, but since the bootloader was locked, and Huawei not giving out unlock codes anymore, I couldn't do that. DC unlocker was recommended, but seeing as I could not connect via usb, that wasn't an option. I tried to install a ROM via usb stick , but despite the usb stick lighting up, it made no difference. Basically the phone was a brick.

So I retraced my steps on replacing the screen, not for the first time. However, this time I noticed that a ribbion cable from the bottom of the phone to the logic board had an arrow on it, so I guessed it was directional. I never took notice of it before. So I reversed the cable, even though it can plug in two different ways, which I was surprised it could be, and hey presto, the phone booted up prefectly. Everything working as it should.

SoI suppose persistance paid off. Really, it was a case of it was bugging me as to why it wouldn't boot after something simple like a screen change, and would be really annoyed if it beat me. Anyway, thanks for all your help.

Advertisement