Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard Course - changes in timetable and idea of resigning?

Options
  • 26-09-2018 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can I ask you what would be the consequences of resigning from the part time, blended course just on the beginning of it?
    Took me good few month to prepare and organized my working hours and when I finaly joined the course there is lots of changes applied to timetable.
    I work 12 hrs shift, days, night, weekends...My course in not relevant to my current job, so I did not get any study leave from the company.
    The course supposed to be on Monday online - 2hrs - NOW school change it to 4hrs.
    The course supposed to be be in the the campus every Thursday from 6-10pm and NOW they wanted to attend Wed and Thur for 2hrs or Wed or Thu for 4hrs but from 4-8pm!
    Also, originally there supposed to be 4 x Saturdays per semester full time and the college added 1 more till the end of the year!

Should college not inform in advance, at least even few weeks before, so i could book myself on other course?
    All of above is disappointing...I was really looking forward to join the course, but not I'm experiencing problems with booking holidays for school time...I also drive 65km to school plus there are kids home...
    I did not come here to cry...but can you tell me could I apply for the new course  in a winter term, ( online probably would be best idea, or only one day in the campus per week) when I resign the current course?
    Maybe you know....

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sabinalee

did anyone gave up their springboard course?

Advertisement