Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Cameras with dedicated monitor and iOS app

Options
  • 26-09-2018 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi.

I was advised to try asking this here.

My Dad has been asking about home security and I've been browsing it - there are a lot of different camera systems.

Does anyone know of a system with wireless cameras that both work iOS apps and come with their own hand held monitor. My Dad seems primarily interested in being able to see who is at the door and it didn't say anything about recording but I think he'd like to be able set it to record at night or when they go out. So maybe multiple cameras.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

I was looking at one called the Arlo Pro 2 I think. I think I seen it mentioned on the Bargins Alert sticky above. Not cheap but looks not too shabby on youtube reviews. Cameras can be wired or wireless and work with iOS. not sure about own monitor, but could use a tablet possibly. Might be worth a look and check out the Bargins thread in case there is a deal on them somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

I was looking at one called the Arlo Pro 2 I think. I think I seen it mentioned on the Bargins Alert sticky above. Not cheap but looks not too shabby on youtube reviews. sure out though if the can't can be wired or wireless and work with iOS. not sure about own monitor, but could use a tablet possibly. Might be worth a look and check out the Bargins thread in case there is a deal on them somewhere.

Not cheap indeed but a great product.

I can't figure out though if the camera can be moved or tilted through the app.

Someone else did also suggest using a cheap tablet as a dedicated monitor, but thanks for the suggestion.

Also, I hadn't even thought about the power source for wireless camera until that site mentioned recharging so thanks for waking me up to that too. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not cheap indeed but a great product.

I can't figure out though if the camera can be moved or tilted through the app.

I dont think any of the Arlo products have PTZ but they have good viewing angles so shouldn't be needed if fitted in the correct spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

This was in my 'you might like' box where Amazon try to talk me into buying things I don't need:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-FREDI-Surveillance-Infrared-Night-Vision-Detection/dp/B07DLXBC3G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1538039526&sr=8-4&keywords=wifi+ip+camera+fredi+1080p

I don't know what the differences are that account for the huge price differences to some of the other brands.

keane2097 wrote: »
    This was in my 'you might like' box where Amazon try to talk me into buying things I don't need:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-FREDI-Surveillance-Infrared-Night-Vision-Detection/dp/B07DLXBC3G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1538039526&sr=8-4&keywords=wifi+ip+camera+fredi+1080p

I don't know what the differences are that account for the huge price differences to some of the other brands.

I think it is simply that outdoor cameras are more expensive.

• Advertisement

I think it is simply that outdoor cameras are more expensive.

Ah, I didn't realise it was exclusively outdoor cameras OP was after.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't realise it was exclusively outdoor cameras OP was after.

Yes I actually didn't specify that.

One of the Ring doorbells would actually do a fair bit of what was mentioned in the OP, just another option to be aware of

I know what to for now so thanks to all.

Advertisement