Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course fishing lodges/accomodation with direct access

Options
  • 25-09-2018 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows of a place that we can fish from right outside the accommodation.

For my son's birthday he's asked that we go fishing and I'd love to book something self cater with direct access to the water. Park the car, unpack and get the rods out.

I'm based in Cork, but happy to drive anywhere for the right place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p94624

It's just outside Carrickmacross in Monaghan so bit of a trip, but an amazing location

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Killyhevlin Hotel in Enniskillen has lodges on the riverbank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Cheers, they both look great & distance isn't really an issue for us

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Great value to be had in Mountshannon cottages on lough Derg , it has it's own little marina which you have a spot in and access to the slipway.
    Just back from the Lough Allen hotel in Drumshanbo, they do not have a slipway as their reception tried to claim but there is a public one right beside the hotel.
    It's actually lakeside cottages not Mountshannon cottages.

Anyone familiar with Lough Sheelin if so how easy is it to land on the island with the old church ditto the one with the castle.

• Advertisement

antietam1 wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with Lough Sheelin if so how easy is it to land on the island with the old church ditto the one with the castle.

Lough Sheelin it's shallow and weedy, like meself.

Advertisement