Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest to Maynooth

Options
  • 24-09-2018 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭

I need to get from Citywest to Maynooth in a few weeks and was thinking of doing it by public transport. Looking at the TFI site it's telling me the only way is a Luas into Dublin and then a 66 or a train back, at about 2 hours travelling. Is there any other public transport option to get across which is quicker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Del2005 wrote: »
    I need to get from Citywest to Maynooth in a few weeks and was thinking of doing it by public transport. Looking at the TFI site it's telling me the only way is a Luas into Dublin and then a 66 or a train back, at about 2 hours travelling. Is there any other public transport option to get across which is quicker?

Nope. Virtually all public transport in Dublin goes to An Lár. By car it's about 20-25 minutes. If you haven't a car, maybe post on some ride sharing sites. I'm sure plenty of Maynooth people work in Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

n97 mini wrote: »
    Nope. Virtually all public transport in Dublin goes to An Lár. By car it's about 20-25 minutes. If you haven't a car, maybe post on some ride sharing sites. I'm sure plenty of Maynooth people work in Citywest.

That's what I was thinking. I was hoping that a bus might leave the Luas and head for the N4 but doesn't look like it.

Have a car but going on the beer so it'll be staying at home. Will have to wrangle a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Del2005 wrote: »

Red line LUAS from Citywest to Belgard, then change to the 76 towards Chapelizod - taking this to either Liffey Valley or Chapelizod and change to the 66 or 67 to Maynooth.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Direct bus proposed under busconnects but that's two years off p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

KD345 wrote: »
    Red line LUAS from Citywest to Belgard, then change to the 76 towards Chapelizod - taking this to either Liffey Valley or Chapelizod and change to the 66 or 67 to Maynooth.

None of which will link up time wise as 76 will be least frequent, with quite a walk to 66/67. They'd be better off going to Kylemore, get 18 to Palmerstown and connect with a 66/67 from there.

But the easiest is generally the least connections. Into and out of town would be my recommendation. You've better options for alternatives if anything stops running or you miss something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

JJ Kavanaghs 139 from Maynooth to Naas and then Bus Eireann 126 to Citywest?

Advertisement