Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEWSPAPER.

Options
  • 24-09-2018 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

would a Newspaper with no sport section sell? I like a bit of motorbike racing but it never get's a mention unless someone is killed.when i get a paper at least half of it is Sport, Gaa, Rugby Golf even fishing get's a mention but no bikes.would it be nice to have those extra few pages with worlds news or something?:cool:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

It will, long as it has diddies

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

It will, long as it has diddies

yep your hired, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

never buy one waste of money in these social media days.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

decky1 wrote: »
    would a Newspaper with no sport section sell? I like a bit of motorbike racing but it never get's a mention unless someone is killed.when i get a paper at least half of it is Sport, Gaa, Rugby Golf even fishing get's a mention but no bikes.would it be nice to have those extra few pages with worlds news or something?:cool:

If there was more news that they thought would help sell papers, there would just be more pages in the paper. If it's not in there then it's because they don't think there's an interest or they're not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

bassy wrote: »
    never buy one waste of money in these social media days.

Are capital letters and punctuation a waste of money too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

It's the one section I never read. Well, that an the "lifestyle" section. I just buy them for the news. I don't buy them often anymore. Now I have online subscriptions to the irish times and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

M.C.N that's the newspaper you need to buy.....

There are numerous worlds out there, ask the multiverse. Sport is an essential distraction from the void.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Bikes obviously don't sell ads. Johnny Rea possibly the most successful super bike racer of all time and Eugene Laverty certainly in the current top 10 and they barely get a mention in Irish media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Sunday Business Post doesn't have a Sports section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Try_harder wrote: »
    Sunday Business Post doesn't have a Sports section

Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

People used to pronounce Agostini's first name wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

I like a bit of motorbike racing but it never get's a mention unless someone is killed.

Death and destruction makes everything better.

CFlat wrote: »
    Are capital letters and punctuation a waste of money too?

Sieg Heil, mein Grammar Nazi!

Or should that just be Sieg heil mein grammar nazi? I can never remember.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

People used to pronounce Agostini's first name wrong.

He's got that new tune out after like 15 years, TUNE!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

He's got that new tune out after like 15 years, TUNE!

Nothing could ever beat L'Amour toujours!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

ZX7R wrote: »
    M.C.N that's the newspaper you need to buy.....

have bought it for more years than i care to remember, held it's own for a long time now, great publication.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

When Ireland wins a medal in motorbiking it'll get plenty of mentions.

Anyway being part of a niche is cool.

Advertisement