Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a H3 a bad grade?

Options
  • 24-09-2018 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I have a test tomorrow in French and I've been focusing on maths and biology this weekend and I'm worried I will get a H3. This would be my first grade below a H2 this year (already not happy I got a H2 in math). I know the French but didn't study for it aggressively. I'm honestly worried. In the LC you only get 77 points for a H3 and if I'm getting a H3 now idk how I would fare in my LC.

Would a H3 ruin my chances into getting into any UK College?(I want to go to Trinity, ucd, Manchester college or London or Netherlands) Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

naxmax9 wrote: »
    I have a test tomorrow in French and I've been focusing on maths and biology this weekend and I'm worried I will get a H3. This would be my first grade below a H2 this year (already not happy I got a H2 in math). I know the French but didn't study for it aggressively. I'm honestly worried. In the LC you only get 77 points for a H3 and if I'm getting a H3 now idk how I would fare in my LC.

Would a H3 ruin my chances into getting into any UK College?(I want to go to Trinity, ucd, Manchester college or London or Netherlands) Thanks!

i wouldn't be worried about results yet, seeing some other of other posts, your in 5th year and there is literally no need to be so worried about them. Just enjoy school, pay attention in class, do your homework and a bit of study, there is no need to go over board in 5th year there is still over a year and a half to your leaving. By the time you get to the leaving you'll be sick of all this and be burned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tristan_

Sorry if this comes across badly but I think you need to calm down! This is like the 15th thread you've started in the past two weeks :D

I'm only in 5th year too so I'm not really speaking from experience but you would probably fare better if you let yourself worry less about this sort of thing. My brother failed applied maths in his mocks and got a H2 in the real exam. Getting a H3 in a random class test is not an omen that you're predestined for mediocrity!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Tropical.ing

I’m only in 5th year too but honestly just try and chill out, even a little. Worrying is probably one of the most unproductive things we do, and of course a little bit of worry is good but try to not worry excessively. Remember to take time for yourself everyday doing something you like whether that’s sport or music or anything else alway from schoolwork really. Positive mental health matters more than some 5th year class test and by the sounds of your other posts and the results you get, there’s really no need for you to worry this much. I’m sure there’s people in your class who aren’t worrying, but probably should be!

Anyways, try and enjoy the last two years of secondary school as these are some of the best years of our lives and in the future you’ll look back and wonder why you worried so much! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Simple answer...NO.

I got all H3's and one H1 in my LC....thats 521 points which was in the top 8 in my school (out of about 90)

So no, a H3 grade is actually a very good grade.

Also, just to add, grades do usually get better as you go on, not worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

I was always satisfied with anything above and including a H3.

• Advertisement
Advertisement