Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transgender very interesting documentry on RT

Options
  • 24-09-2018 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

I have read the rules I know I can not just drop a link here an opinion must be offered.
    I do not have a strong opinion on this one way or the other but it is interesting to see another side of this debate.

This is a 27 min doc and I am only 10 minutes in so I will watch it to the end.:)

Edit the content of this documentary is very strong just a heads up.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

RT isn't exactly known for its objectivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I have actually seen some good docs from them though. There's some great ones from the central asian republics.

However it is a russian station and Russia has laws against doing anything that "promotes" homosexuality etc... So it's very unlikely this will be objective. They literally cannot say anything positive about a transgendered person in Russia.
    I don't know if stuff made by RT outside of Russia follows the same rules but I'd imagine it's similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm sorry but I just can't watch anything on RT News I suppose in protest at their propaganda against the UK , even if they do make the odd good doc. The last time I tuned in they were doing a piece on the UK homeless in an obvious attempt to deride the country. As if Russia has no social problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I just can't watch anything on RT News I suppose in protest at their propaganda against the UK , even if they do make the odd good doc. The last time I tuned in they were doing a piece on the UK homeless in an obvious attempt to deride the country. As if Russia has no social problems.

They should do one on the Irish homeless. Nobody is talking about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

AllForIt wrote: »

Ironically, due to the massive building during the Soviet era, homelessness is virtually non-existant in Russia.

I like RT in the same way as I like CNN. Somewhere in between lies the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

the content of this documentary is very strong just a heads up.
    RT is funded by the Kremlin and broadcasts what it is told to broadcast - material which demeans, amongst much else, the EU, NATO, the US, and LGBT + trans people and groups.

It is unashamed, unabashed, outright propaganda and I wouldn’t trust it if told me that my trousers were on fire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

n97 mini wrote: »
    Ironically, due to the massive building during the Soviet era, homelessness is virtually non-existant in Russia.

I like RT in the same way as I like CNN. Somewhere in between lies the truth.

Are you for real? That sounds like something Stalin's spin machine would have come out with.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I have read the rules I know I can not just drop a link here an opinion must be offered.
    I do not have a strong opinion on this one way or the other but it is interesting to see another side of this debate.

This is a 27 min doc and I am only 10 minutes in so I will watch it to the end.:)

Edit the content of this documentary is very strong just a heads up.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Most media outlets arent known for their objectivity

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Sick to death of seeing this f*cking topic everywhere. Load of utter sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

They should do one on the Irish homeless. Nobody is talking about that.

Ha ha ha ha ha ;)

n97 mini wrote: »

WTF? You've never actually been to Russia, have you? "Non existent" my hole, it's out of control there, and gets worse the more vulnerable you are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Thinly veiled Russia bashing thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

giphy.gif
    FTA69 wrote: »
    Sick to death of seeing this f*cking topic everywhere. Load of utter sh*te.

Mod: Pretty much the above

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement