Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Revise Wise Biology Reliable?

Options
  • 24-09-2018 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Revise Wise Biology is made by the same guy who made my biology textbook!! Is it reliable, for lets say food? I have a test but there is so much in my textbook

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

The mentor leaving cert biology revision book is the best, IMO. I say that as a biology teacher. The essentials unfolded book is pretty good too. Has the necessary info.

Ultimately though, past papers (eg studyclix etc) would really aid your revision on the topic and give you a sense of what information they’re looking for. Terminology and definitions are key in biology, so you’re as well to compile some common definitions from marking schemes.

For food- you need to know the constitutal elements, the building blocks, the structure and function of various biomolecules, the functions of vitamins/minerals/water in the body, and the food pyramid.

I’m awaiting clarification from SEC regarding food pyramid with regards to which is the one being examined.

Finally, check the LC biology syllabus to see what the department think you should know on the topic. You would be surprised at the amount of your book you can cut out.

Advertisement