Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused and no idea what to do.

Options
  • 24-09-2018 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Goin unreg for this:

BACKGROUND:
    I'm male 30 and in a steady relationship just over 2 years.

ISSUE:
    I started a new job a couple months ago and I am really enjoying it. I've become very pally with the girl that sits next to me. We all went out last weekend (not the one just gone the one before) for some grub and a few drinks. As the night went on we all made a move to go home and myself and... lets call her "betty" were finishing off our drink and went to get taxis. When we were standing on the rank Betty kissed me (knowing I'm in a relationship). I immediately pushed her away and told her I'm not into playing away from home and told her she shouldn't have done it. She text me the next day and apologised and work has seemed pretty normal and nobody in work has said anything.

Fast forward to today. Even though I pushed her away I've spent the last number of days wondering if I still want to be with my current girlfriend or if I should break it off with her, not to get with Betty but just to end the relationship altogether.

I love my girlfriend but I can't help but wondering if I love her enough to spend the rest of my days on this planet with just her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving the thread to Relationship Issues

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Not sure what you're looking for here. If you don't want to be with her or don't see a future with her then break up with her. Simple.

But also bear in mind the grass is rarely greener and when work place romances break down they can be a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Only advice I can give is don't get with Betty.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

if betty knowingly throws the gob on a fella in a relationship she likely won't be too trustworthy in a relationship. you got a little taste of strange and now you're questioning your own relationship, don't make any rash decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi All,

OP here. I'm not considering getting with "Betty". I'm more cusious as to if anyone has felt like this before and if its just a fleeting curiosity regard ending a strong relationship in the hopes of as another poster said finding out if the "grass is greener"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

You’re in a relationship for two years, that can be a tricky time as it can be round the time that talk turns to living together, marriage, kids etc. So it can be natural to get a little case of cold feet and question things. How were things with your girlfriend before this? It sounds to me like Betty kissing you gave you a bit of a thrill and a glimpse of the single life and it’s left you questioning your relationship. It’s understandable but please don’t throw away a good relationship with someone you love over cold feet. You say you don’t know if you want to spend the rest of your life with your GF, well you don’t have to make that decision right now. I know people talk about meeting ‘the one’ and knowing straight away, but for others it’s a more gradual realisation.

In the mean time stay away from Betty! The fact that she would try it on with a colleague in a serious relationship says a lot about her character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

ncmc wrote: »
    You’re in a relationship for two years, that can be a tricky time as it can be round the time that talk turns to living together, marriage, kids etc. So it can be natural to get a little case of cold feet and question things. How were things with your girlfriend before this? It sounds to me like Betty kissing you gave you a bit of a thrill and a glimpse of the single life and it’s left you questioning your relationship. It’s understandable but please don’t throw away a good relationship with someone you love over cold feet. You say you don’t know if you want to spend the rest of your life with your GF, well you don’t have to make that decision right now. I know people talk about meeting ‘the one’ and knowing straight away, but for others it’s a more gradual realisation.

In the mean time stay away from Betty! The fact that she would try it on with a colleague in a serious relationship says a lot about her character.

I wholeheartedly agree. you might just be overthinking this and curious about being single again. I'd bet that this will die off especially if you are in what on the surface of your OP sems to be a strong happy relationship.

Advertisement