Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap card NFC

Options
  • 24-09-2018 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭

I think (probably) this is the best place for this.

NFC on my phone (S9+) can't seem to top up the leap card anymore. I have a few leap cards and none of them work. It picks up the card enough to launch the app, and then when it tries to do the first "read" the progress bar very quickly fails. "Something went wrong. Please present your Leap card to your device. If the problem persists, close the application and try again".

It fails very quickly every time. Android pay works perfectly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I think it is an app problem, I have had it with 2 different phones. I leave the app open and take the away the card and put it back and it works the second time for me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Had that last week with 2 cards. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app and that sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think it is an app problem, I have had it with 2 different phones. I leave the app open and take the away the card and put it back and it works the second time for me.

Yeah, used to experience that as well. But this is something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Had that last week with 2 cards. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app and that sorted it.

Yup, exact same here. Reinstalled the app and it has worked fine since.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

As per FuzzyT...Have had the same issue with my own and my 2 kids leap cards using a Samsung S8 ...couldn't get it to read any of them and then all of a sudden it works on one of them....but not on the other 2. Uninstalled the app and then reinstalled. It seems to be working now fingers crossed.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

happening to me on the Nokia 7plus too, must be the app.

Send a bug report to the devs, if it gives you the option.

Happened to me on Saturday. Update the app and it should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

I bleedin cancelled the card!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'm embarrassed to say reinstalling worked, and I should have done that sooner. Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

errlloyd wrote: »
    I'm embarrassed to say reinstalling worked, and I should have done that sooner. Thanks all.

It didnt for me, still not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Mine will only work on Wi-Fi, refuses to work on 3G/4G, no matter how good the signal is. Reported it but heard nada.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

Not working for me too. Also, not working for 2 of my mates.

Re-install did not work. WiFi-only did not work.

Anyone hear anything from Irish Rail on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

Not working for me too. Also, not working for 2 of my mates.

Re-install did not work. WiFi-only did not work.

Anyone hear anything from Irish Rail on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭opus

Just tried it there & not working for me either. Was fine around 10 days ago cause I added some credit with my phone & the leap card itself is working fine as well. Wonder what's going on :confused:

Advertisement