Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bigger saw wanted

Options
  • 23-09-2018 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi in the market for a bigger saw something that will take up to a 20inch bar and have enough power to drive it. Was looking at husqvarna rancher 455 and stihl 391. Anyone have either of these or recommend something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shootermcgee

Bought are a good saw but both are clamshell design which is as good and are as capable as a magnesium crank case, in my experience clamshells won't last as long in daily work but would work fine in occasional work. I'd look for either a stihl ms 362 or a husqvarna 562xp
    There expensive but would last longer in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Thanks yea I be only cutting 3 or 4 big trees a year just want something reliable have a small husqvarna last 10 year brilliant saw but just not powerful enough anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shootermcgee

Ms 391 would have some grunt over the 455

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Ms 391 would have some grunt over the 455

Would it yea kinda thought that alright but wasn't sure. Hard to go wrong with a stihl I suppose thanks for help

Advertisement